Your Favourite Driving School for International Licence conversion in Box Hill
Are you a holder of an overseas driver’s licence forward to convert it to a Victorian drivers licence ? Your search for experts who can assist with your overseas licence conversion service in Box Hill. We understand the process and should not go beyond Defensive Driving School. We are the best in the business, when it comes to offering the different
How does it work?
For individuals who are looking forward to converting their overseas licence, we are the one stop solution. Individuals who have an overseas licence will have to convert it to a Victorian licence within six months of residing in Victoria. The following are the basic steps
- Checking whether your current overseas licence has expired, cancelled or suspended for any period since issuance and an English translation may be necessary if its in a foreign language.
- The type of tests you will have to take will depend on various factors including whether your licence is recognised or from a non-recognised country, your age and your driving experience
- There are 3 basic tests to complete
- The Learner Permit Test (also called the Road Law Knowledge Test) either online or in person
- Hazard Perception Test either online or in person
- On Road Drive Test In person
- Depending on the above circumstances, you will either receive your P1, P2 or Victorian Full Licence upon passing your test.
Please note that if you fail a VicRoads practical driving test then you will not be allowed to drive in Victoria using your overseas or international drivers licence as it would not be safe for you to do so. If you are exempt from taking any practical driving tests then you will not be affected by this.
Besides all these licencing rules, Individuals will need to have an understanding Victorian road rules and regulations, as it is extremely important especially given that the rules of driving in Australia and Victoria are pretty different from other countries. We have rules on driving with trams, doing proper hook turns, roundabout rules that may differ from your home country.
If you are visiting for less than six months, you are able to drive in Victoria with your overseas drivers licence however its important to understand that all the road rules and laws will apply when you are driving. After six months, your are supposed to convert your overseas drivers licence and we are the best driving school in Box Hill to us.
Those who have been granted permanent residency before 6 months have to get the learners licence for practicing safely and appear for the practical driving test for obtaining the conversion.
How can our driving instructors in Box Hill help?
Our driving instructors in Box Hill would recommend booking in a lesson as this will give our licenced Instructors an opportunity to assess your driving standard against VicRoads driving criteria. We will provide an objective and impartial assessment of your driving skills and provide our recommendation on the next steps. This will help the instructors in guiding the aspirants accordingly.
Get a Quote
We recognise that many of our students from overseas speak multiple languages and therefore we are able to provide Instructors that speak English, Mandarin, Cantonese and other dialect groups.
For further details, call us today as we will resolve your queries. Or get an online, free quote.